Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ice Dance - Free Dance Live Blog

Replay of original dances first.


Belbin and Agusto: Not sure what to think so far... they're having fun, and I think they've hit all their elements so far. Crazy choreo... is that normal for OD's? I haven't seen many.


Davis and White: I love her costume! Idian dance themed... very original choreo! THAT WAS AWESOME! They look so happy in the "truth booth!" Meryl is talking about stuff they can fix :) I love this team!


Samuelson and Bates: I don't know this team well. American folk theme. Cute choreo, but I've decided that everyone has cute choreo in OD's! Sorry I don't have much to say about them.. they do seem to be hitting their elements! They look excited when they finish :)


Going into the free dance, Davis and White are in first, and Belbin and Agosto are in second by less than 2 points. Samuelson and Bates are waaaayy down in third by more than 10 points. I didn't see the names of the 4th place team, but they're *pretty* close to Samuelson and Bates. 5th place is way behind them.


They just showed a cute fluff piece on Davis/White and Belbin/Agosto.


The final group is warming up... commercial break! ugh! Now we're back. They warm up is  still going on.


Belbin/Agosto: Her costume is waaay over the top. But it is ice dance... Mucis is Ave Maria. Cool flip thingy on his arm :) His shirt has wings :)  Is she singing to the music?? I don't think so... but she's definitely moving her mouth a lot. Very cool spin! Their skating is definitely dynamic... They look happy with it! Edit, very happy! 1st for now, 218.51 total score. Don't remember their free dance score. they look happy.


Navarro/Bomentre (they're the 4th place team): Music is by U2. WOW she was just upside down over the ice and he was skating with her across the rink! I actually like these costumes :) Spin looks good. I like them. I really like their choreo! Correction: LOVE their choreo! Sad cuz they probably wont make the Olympic team :( They looked pretty happy though! The comentators are showing where they'll get deducted and where they'll get points. 186.42. 2nd for now.


Chock/Zuerlein: Slower music then other teams... I don't know this team well either. They're skating really well! They have more elegant choreo than most of the teams. They looked like they had fun! 177.48. 3rd for now.


Davis/White: Bollywood inspired program. I've never seen it, so I'm excited! It's supposed to be awesome :) Music is Phantom of the Opera. Starting with a spin, looks good! Cool lift sequence. I love this music :) Great performance so far :) OMG they had better win!! They look happy and relieved. Their coaches are happy with it :) The commentators can't stop praising them during the replays :) 222.29! They'll win :)


Samuelson/Bates: If they don't mess up, they'll get 3rd and go to the Olympics. I like her dress! Pretty choreo at the beginning! They're doing great. I have a new fave team :) Yikes, she's flexible! Pretty spin :) They look happy! As they should be! The commentators liked it too. Their coach is crying :) 93.73 for the free, don't remember their total, but they're 3rd! I have a very strong feeling that they're going to the Olympics :)


Interview with Davis/White: Not much to say. They still look happy :)


Interview with Samuelson/Bates: Again, boring. Have I mentioned that I don't like Andrea Joyce? (She does the interviews for skating AND gymnastics)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from readers, so make sure to tell me what you think in the comments section! Want to see more of something? Less of something? Let me know!

Did something inspire YOU? Let me know, and maybe I'll post about it!