Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ladies Short Program, *liveish* Blog

Not really live, since I'm writing this as it's *starting* to end, and it actually happened 2 days ago!


Ashley Wagner: Looks like she's ready to give a good fight! Nice combo.. falls on triple lutz. I like her choreo! very pretty spin. nice spiral... they just said triple axel!!! but i think it was a double? i'll see if i can tell on a replay... they didn't show it on the replay. 4th place. Looks happy! Sounds happy in "truth booth," said her goal was to go for everything, and she definitely did!


Emily Hughes, LIVE thoughts! looking good so far! First jump combo looked good. Doubled a triple lutz, next jump good, nice spiral sequence. Very determined! Pretty spin! LOL was that an imp face?! Looks exited during footwork.. Nice ending. Looks pleased and happy! A bit disappointed as she leaves the ice. looks semi pleased with her scores... 7th place. (8th after everyone went)


I'll keep updating below the dots with my thoughts on what they've already shown, and above if they show anyone else.


* * *


Allissa Csinzy: Don't know why, but I've never liked her skating. Tried to keep an open mind today, though :) I definitely see why she's considered an artistic skater. Her spins are great! I guess her spirals are nice, but I feel like her leg is way out to the side. She fell :( She looks so disappointed! Sad. She's smiling, but not a happy smile. I feel bad for her. Placed 7th.


Christina Gao: OMG she looks so young! She's 15, but will turn 16 soon so she's eligble for the Olympics. I love her spins! I don't love her choreo, but it's better than a lot of stuff we see these days. Her jumps are amazing, but she doesn't hold the landings as long as most of the older skaters... I bet she'll look way better in a few years, and if she can stay healthy, she should challenge for a spot in 2014. She looked so thrilled when she finished! 5th place.


Rachel Flatt: I didn't watch it on tv, but I did watch it yesterday online, so we'll see if I can remember :) She looked like she was having fun, and her jumps were solid. Spins were nice... spirals were nice... sorry I don't remember much! A bit hesitant until the jumps were done, then all out. She's in 3rd.


Sasha Cohen: I now know why I haven't enjoyed the ladies event much for the last few years. Need I say more? She looked great, and her spiral sequence was amazing! :) 2nd place.


Mirai Nagasu: She did great! This is how she skated in 2008 (she was national champ then), but better technique! She looked SO HAPPY at the end! 1st place! She looked THRILLED!


Caroline Zhang: She was great at the beginning, then fell on her second jump and it fell apart :(




They just showed a clip of Sasha Cohen practicing her long program yesterday, and it looked AMAZING except for a fall.


They're doing a preview of the ladies long... one of the commentators likes Sasha :)


I'll try to live blog the ladies free skate tonight. It starts at 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback from readers, so make sure to tell me what you think in the comments section! Want to see more of something? Less of something? Let me know!

Did something inspire YOU? Let me know, and maybe I'll post about it!