Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ladies Free Skate Live Blog!

I'll be updating as it happens :) NBC will be showing the final 2 groups of skaters LIVE.


Fluff on Sasha:
"Ice is slippery"
"I want to be my best. I want to be a better skater at the Olympics."
"I'm nervous... at nationals, this is the one that counts."
"I want everything to be perfect."
"It would be so fulfilling to come back and go the Olympics for a third time..."
"...Everybody watching me... It makes me feel alive."


Caroline Zhang: 11th after short. Nice dress! Falls on first jump... Stumbles on 2nd jump, a triple lutz. Nice double axel. Pretty spins...she's not doing "The Pearl," I asume becuase of her back. Next jump combo nice, and next jump, and next combo! And next combo! That's including a lot of stuff that she fell on earlier.. Gorgeous spiral sequence! Last combo spin was amazing! Looks very disappointed :(


I'll use this commercial break to remind everyone that Mirai Nagasu is in first, Sasha Cohen in second, and Rachel Flatt in third. The three of them are separated by less than a point, and are essentially the only skaters with a realistic chance at making the Olympic team (the US can send only 2 ladies this year). They are the last three skaters tonight.


Caroline is currently in 1st.


Bebe Liang: First combo was beautiful! And next! She's very dynamic :) Stumble on next jump... Nice spin. EASY next jump. Another great jump. She looks excited! Spiral sequence... Singled a triple lutz. Still going strong, last combo was great. Final combo spin. She looks disappointed, but pretty happy. 1st place.


Allissa Czisny: 7th after short. Very nice dress. Fall on first jump. I like her music. Second jump was nice. I think she fell on the last jump but the tv got messed up... nice spin. 2 more jumps... combo? I am liking her skating way better than last year! Stumble on triple lutz. Fought for the next combo! Her spiral still annoys me. Next combo was nice, but she wont get credit because she had already done 3 combos. She is reminding me why I love her spins so much! She looks *mostly* pleased with her performance. Don't know what place?


Emily Hughes: 7th after short. They show her sister Sarah (2002 gold medal at the Olympics) First bunch of jumps were great... combo spin...  falls on next jump.  triple? lutz. falls again. footwork. She's going after this program! I think I like her music... combo spin.. triple toe... spiral sequence. ends with combo spin.
Sorry, my cat jumped on my keyboard and deleted what I typed at the beginning, which is why it now just says "first jumps were great." I don't remember what they were :)


Allissa's in 3rd.


Alexe Gilles: Cute music! She's smiling! Yey!  Triple flip was nice. Jump combo right on. I love that she's having fun! Next jump good! Interesting combo spin. Spiral sequence. Another great jump! falls on triple flip. Hand down on next jump, but still makes it a combo! falls on next jump. But she's still performing! Combo spin to end. That was a fun program! She looks a disappointed.


Alexe's in 2nd. Final group is warming up.


Just realized that Emily's in 4th!


Mirai's looking good in warm up. Sasha looks nervous and isn't jumping much. Rachel looks good.


Amanda Dobbs: Sparkly dress! Great first jump! She does pairs and singles... wow! falls on triple flip. next jump was amazing. combo spin. jump combo. another spin. beautiful 3 jump combo! falls on next jump. next jump was great.. stumbles on double axel. messes up on something else... spin. She says "Not bad." :)


Amanda's in 1st.


Christina Gao: Triple toe triple toe combo! Great! 3 jump combo, great! Triple salchow double toe combo. Combo spin. I love her! Another great combo spin. Another great jump.. triple lutz! Spiral sequence. Great! Double axel.. barely hung on to the landing. Falls on triple flip. Cute footwork! Double axel, stumble. Combo spin. I really like her!


Ok, I think that Emily's not actually in 4th? (or that would be 5th by now) The results page on icenetwork is only giving rankings for the long  think...


Christina's in 1st! Yea!


Ashley Wagner: 4th after short. OMG I really don't like her dress! I love her music! First combo was nice.. Triple loop was great! Combo spin is great! I am loving the music! And her spiral sequence! Great jump! The dress works with the program! Triple salchow, two footed. Triple loop double axel combo was great. Triple flip, hangs on to double axel. Last jump is great! She's such a better skater then I remembered! Great spin to end! She looks VERY happy with it :) She definitely has an outside shot a making the team!


Ashley looks so happy and nervous in the kiss and cry! 1st place by loads! She's so excited!


Sasha Cohen: Can she do it? Can she do it? Triple lutz double toe.. step out. Another combo... Triple loop.. 2 footed. Nice jump. Spiral sequence. Beautiful! Very pretty spin! Falls on next jump. Sad. Next jump was good. And next! combo spin. Footwork is great. Combo spin to end. Gorgeous! She looks pretty happy, though :)


Still looks happy in kiss and cry. 2nd place!!!???? She's not going to the Olympics... Ashley looks so excited and nervous!


Rachel Flatt:  Double axel, very solid. Triple-triple, barely hangs on. triple lutz, nice. Combo spin. Very solid jump. triple lutz in combo. Spiral sequence. 3 jump combo! Last triple was great! She looks so excited! and happy!


Ashley still looks so nervous!


Rachel looks nervous in kiss and cry.. then she gets a huge score and is soooo excited! I have a feeling that she is going to the Olympics... Ashley's nervous!


Mirai Nagasu: Love her music. 3 jump combo to start!! she's got great choreo. great combo! another great jump. spin... another spin.. pretty! Nice spiral sequence! Great triple lutz. and 2 more great jumps! and another! triple toe loop! and now she's having even more fun :) footwork is fun... combo spin...really nice! THAT WAS AWESOME! She looks SO excited! And even more happy! Her coach looks so happy!


Ashley looks kind of sad and nervous :(


So who's going to win... Rachel or Mirai? I think Mirai... Rachel looks nervous. And Sasha's yawning?


Mirai's saying pleasepleasepleaseplease... and she's second! Rachel's first! Mirai looks happy! Ashley looks disappointed.


Rachel interview with Andrea Joyce. Pretty boring but she looks happy! As always!


That was awesome! So much better than last year! It probably won't be official until tomorrow, but I think that it's safe to say that Rachel and Mirai are going to the Olympics, and that Ashley will be first alternate.


Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! U sound like u know more about figure skating than i do. im such a bad figure skater, i havent seen anyone skate at all.

    Spazzy Hockey Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. i doubt that i know more! i just sound like it cuz i'm repeating what the commentators say about what jump is what :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would make since. I was like wow u really know alot of stuff! Yes im watchin it right now! I thought mirai would get first but i missed some of rachael. Over all good skating! Really hoped sasha would go to olympics. O well. Good job to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Spazzy Hockey Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was more figure skating on at 9 on nbc yesterday. It was all the medalist either reskating there program or doing a fun program.

    Spazzy Hockey Friend

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback from readers, so make sure to tell me what you think in the comments section! Want to see more of something? Less of something? Let me know!

Did something inspire YOU? Let me know, and maybe I'll post about it!